Blind Bight Sewage Treatment Plant Upgrade
South East Water’s Blind Bight Sewage Treatment Plant was upgraded from earthen lagoons to a mechanical IDEA treatment plant necessary to cater for the population growth in the Blind Bight, Tooradin and Warneet townships.
South East Water required assistance with the following:
- Design and documentation of the 1 ML/d (approx. $5m CAPEX) works;
- Tender phase assessment;
- Construction management and supervision; and,
- Commissioning assistance.
The works included:
- new IDEA process tanks;
- aeration systems;
- aerobic digestion;
- chemical dosing systems;
- sludge drying pans;
- building works and earthworks;
- 4ML HDPE lined effluent storage;
- 8 km Class C recycled water transfer pipeline; and,
- ventilation/odour systems.
The innovative design and construction management approach provided the following benefits to the community:
- The project team delivered this contract within the agreed programme and budget; and,
- The plant provides superior quality effluent for reuse opportunities.